This skill is linked to Charisma.
When in a settlement—a village, a town, or a city—make a Streetwise check to find out what’s going on, who the movers and shakers are, where to get what you need (and how to get there), and where not to go.
- Streetwise: Using this skill takes 1 hour and might be part of a skill challenge. Some GMs may allow it being used as a knowledge check, where it takes no action, but the creature doesn't know the answer on the failure.
- DC: See the table.
- Success: You collect a useful bit of information, gather rumors, find out about available jobs, or locate the best deal.
- Failure: You can try again, but you might draw attention to yourself if you keep chasing after the same information.
|Settlement and Information||Streetwise DC|
|Totally alien settlement||30|
|Unfamiliar but typical settlement||Moderate|
|Information is readily available||-2|
|Information is hard to come by||+5|
|Information is secret or closely guarded||+10|
- The rules compendium simplified the DC table, removing Typical, Hostile, and Totally alien settlements from the list and replacing it with Easy/Moderate/Hard DCs (naming them familiar, unfamiliar and foreign), and simply having one modifier concerning secret difficulty (the +10 modifer).
- The spy hireling gives a +2 power bonus, increasing to +3 at level 15 and +4 at level 25.