- Average Height: 5' 5"-6' 2"
- Average Weight: 100-200lb.
- Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, and +2 Charisma or +2 Strength
- Size: Medium
- Speed: 6 Squares
- Vision: Darkvision
- Languages: Common, choice of one other
- Skill Bonuses: +2 Endurance, +2 Intimidate
- Undead: You are considered to be an undead creature for effects that relate to that keyword. You are also considered a living creature. Also, you cannot age.
- Past Life: Select a race other than revenant. You can take feats, a paragon path, and an epic destiny that have the selected race as a prerequisite, as long as you meet all other prerequisites.
- Memories: You can remember your past existence, and as a result you can take an extra feat and at-will ability, and can take one specific to your Past Life race.
- Unnatural Vitality: Whenever you drop to 0 hit points or fewer, you are dying but you can choose to remain conscious until you attempt your first death saving throw. If you remain conscious, you can take only one standard action before you attempt your first death saving throw.
- Dark Reaping: You can use dark reaping as an encounter power.
Revenants are souls of the dead returned to a semblance of life by the Raven Queen, but they do not appear as undead horrors or even anything like their former selves. When the Raven Queen reincarnates souls, they exist as her special creations, and they have the bodies of her choosing and creation. In this way, such souls are always marked as representatives of the Raven Queen’s power.
A revenant has a body that is slender for his or her height, but this form possesses an uncanny toughness that contradicts the apparent build. Revenants have the same range of complexions as humans, but a revenant’s skin is ashen and the features are sunken. Eyes are most commonly solid black with a single point of red light in place of a pupil, but other eerie eye colors—including yellow, white, silver, and gold—are not uncommon, although they always share the same fiery red pupil. In most cases, the eyes lack an iris and pupil, and some glow with a ghostly light. Revenant hair typically ranges from black to white. They can grow facial hair, and males often have beards or mustaches that accentuate their dreadful countenances.
A revenant’s face and skin clearly set a member of this unique race apart from other humanoids. A revenant’s visage has a masklike quality that can be disturbing to normal mortals. Rough, dark scales appear on the flesh near the ends of a revenant’s limbs, marking the revenant as one of those the Raven Queen allowed back into the world of the living. Revenant digits end in strong, black fingernails or toenails that resemble claws.
Each revenant is unique, but ties to the Shadowfell draw most to dark colors and clothing that can help them escape notice. Whether because of dark humor or as a warning to others, their clothing and gear bear symbols that are reminders of death or duty. Revenants use raven feathers, bones, chains, grave markers, and skulls for decoration.
For revenant feats, see Dragon Magazine #376.