Special: Heavy thrown weapons use Strength instead of Dexterity for both attack and damage rolls for ranged basic attacks.
Target: one creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: "1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at 21st level."
The ranged basic attack is an at-will power available to all characters. A ranged basic attack simply deals weapon damage on a hit. It is Dexterity-based, or Strength-based when using a heavy thrown weapon. It is typically performed as part of a basic attack action.[PH:287][RC:239][HotFL:26]
The warlock power eldritch blast counts as a ranged basic attack. Eldritch blast can be used any time a ranged basic attack could be used, and is affected by modifiers to ranged basic attacks.[PH:132][U:W]
In addition, certain other powers can be used as ranged basic attacks.
- avenging shackles[Dr382:42]
- avenging light[PH2:103]
- sun strike[PH2:103]
- unaugmented decerebrate[PsP:98]
- unaugmented kinetic trawl[PH3:83]
- unaugmented mind break[PH3:86]
- unaugmented mind thrust[PH3:83]
- unaugmented psychic brand[PH3:90]
- biting swarm[PH3:118]
- captivating missile[PH3:126]
- convocation of arrows[PH3:125]
- devouring arrow[PH3:129]
- grappling spirits[PH3:118]
- guardian harrier[PH3:118]
- mischief spirits[PH3:119]
- raven wing shot[PH3:124]
- sinking earth[PH3:127]
- wasp sting shot[PH3:122]
- winter spirit[PH3:121]
- acid orb[PH2:138]
- elemental bolt[PH2:86]
- energy strobe[Dr381:43]
- eldritch bolt[HotFK:206]
- magic missile[PH:159][HotFL:203][Dr401:53]