Regardless of the knowledge skill you’re using, refer to the rules here when making a check to identify a monster.
- Monster Knowledge: No action required—either you know the answer or you don’t.
- DC: Equal to the moderate DC of the monster's level.[RC:129]
- Success: You identify a creature as well as its type, typical temperament, and keywords. If you also meet the hard DC of the monster's level, you additionally know the monster's resistances, vulnerabilities and powers.
- Failure: You don’t recall any pertinent information. The DM might allow you to make a new check if further information comes to light.
- Arcana (creature from elemental, fey or shadow origin)
- Dungeoneering (creature that has the aberrant origin)
- History (creature that has a link to some lore. Used at the DMs discretion)
- Nature (creature that has the natural origin)
- Religion (creature that has the immortal origin or the undead keyword)
Before errata, the DCs were originally the following:
|Name, type, and keywords||15|
|Resistances and vulnerabilities||25|