|Abilities|| +2 Int, and either |
+2 Str or +2 Con
|Skills|| +2 Endurance|
|Traits|| Elemental Origin|
|Avg. height|| 5'7"–6'2"|
|Avg. weight|| 130–225 lbs.|
Racial traits Edit
Genasi receive the following racial traits.
Elemental Origin Edit
Your ancestors were native to the Elemental Chaos, so you are considered an elemental creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin. Edit
Elemental Manifestation Edit
Choose one elemental manifestation: earthsoul, firesoul, stormsoul, watersoul, or windsoul. That manifestation is part of your nature. Each elemental manifestation offers particular benefits and provides an associated encounter power. Depending on you soul, you get a damage type. Dragon 380 added corrupt manifestations for abyssal genasi, and Dragon 396 also added Athas manifestations. Edit
Elemental Sturdiness Edit
You can gain +1 to two defenses of your choice.
Elemental Adaption Edit
+1 at-will and feat.
|Manifestation||Racial power||Other benefits|
|Earthsoul||earthshock||You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude defense, and a +1 racial bonus to saving throws. Force damage.|
|Firesoul||firepulse||You gain a +1 racial bonus to Reflex defense, and resist 5 fire per tier. Fire damage|
|Stormsoul||promise of storm||You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude defense, and resist 5 lightning per tier. Thunder damage.|
|Watersoul||swiftcurrent||You can breathe underwater. You also gain a +2 racial bonus to saving throws against ongoing damage. Force damage.|
|Windsoul||windwalker||You gain resist 5 cold per tier. Radiant damage.|
|Causticsoul||acid surge||You can breathe underwater. You also gain resist 5 acid per tier.[Dr380:19]|
|Cindersoul||firedeath||You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude defense, and resist 5 fire per tier.[Dr380:19]|
|Plaguesoul||plaguebearer||You gain resist 5 poison per tier, and a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against disease.[Dr380:19]|
|Voidsoul||void assumption||You gain resist 5 psychic per tier, and a +1 racial bonus to Will defense.[Dr380:19]|
|Athas manifestations[Dr396]nbsp;396 (February 2011)">Dr396]|
|Embersoul||ashfall evasion||+1 racial bonus to reflex and +4 racial bonus to saving throws against ongoing fire damage.|
|Magmasoul||Flowing magma||+1 racial bonus to fortitude. Whenever you take fire damage, your melee attacks deal 1d6 extra fire damage until the end of your next turn.|
|Sandsoul||Sandslide||+4 racial bonus to acrobatics and athletics when taking the escape action. +2 racial bonus to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain or slow.|
|Sunsoul||Sun flare||+4 racial bonus to saving throws against ongoing damage that includes fire or radiant. You and your equipment suffer no ill effect from ambient temperatures between -50 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Immune to sun sickness.|
Every genasi constantly manifests an element. (Genasi have no neutral, nonelemental state.) All genasi are born with one elemental manifestation, a genetic trait handed down from his or her parents. Genasi are roughly the size and shape of humans, though they tend toward broader physiques that are evidence of their physical strength. A genasi's body is etched with energy lines that glow in a color associated with the element the genasi manifests.
- Earthsoul: Brown skin; golden energy lines and eyes; bald with golden energy lines glowing on the head.
- Firesoul: Ruddy bronze skin; fiery orange energy lines and eyes; flickering flames coming out of the energy lines on the head.
- Stormsoul: Purple skin; silvery energy lines; glowing crystalline silver spikes on the head.
- Watersoul: Seafoam green skin; bright blue energy lines; bald with blue energy lines glowing on the head.
- Windsoul: Sliver skin; light blue energy lines; glowing blue and gray ice crystal spikes on the head.
- Causticsoul: Green skin; green-black energy lines; bald with green-black energy lines glowing on the head.
- Cindersoul: Ashen gray skin; dim fiery-orange energy lines; faint trails of ash or wisps of smoke emanate from the head.
- Plaguesoul: Dried blood-colored skin; black energy lines; ruddy shreds on the head as of rust.
- Voidsoul: Black skin; energy lines of the deepest lack of color; bald with utter darkness rising from the head.
The following feats have the genasi race as a prerequisite. Other prerequisites are noted.
- Double Manifestation[FRPG:139]s Guide (September 2008)" data-rte-attribs=" title=Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (September 2008)">FRPG:139] (Extra Manifestation feat)
- Extra Manifestation [FRPG:133]s Guide (September 2008)" data-rte-attribs=" title=Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (September 2008)">FRPG:133]
- Extra Corrupt Manifestation (Merged in online compendium with Extra Manifestation)
- Elemental Assault[FRPG:133]s Guide (September 2008)" data-rte-attribs=" title=Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (September 2008)">FRPG:133] (Swordmage with aegis of assault)
- Elemental Blade Attunement[AP:125] (Swordmage)
- Elemental Blessing[DP:134] (any divine class)
- Elemental Challenge[DP:134] (paladin)
- Elemental Companions (11th level, Warlord)
- Elemental Echo[AP:125] (any arcane class)
- Elemental Empowerment[AP:125] (Wizard)
- Elemental Guardian (11th level, con 15, Fighter)
- Elemental Infusion[Dr387:33]nbsp;387 (May 2010)">Dr387:33] (Artificer
- Elemental Might[Dr379:45]nbsp;379 (September 2009)">Dr379:45] (Warden)
- Elemental Rebuke[DP:134]
- Elemental Recovery[Dr389]nbsp;389 (July 2010)">Dr389] (any psionic class)
- Elemental Warrior (21st level, any martial class)
- Fast Manifestation[Dr367:14]nbsp;367 (September 2008)">Dr367:14]
- Genasi Fire Affinity
- Genasi Frost Affinity
- Manifest Healing[PrP:140] (any primal class)
- Manifest Resistance
- Primordial Surge
- Versatile Resistance
Feats that require one of the manifestations:
- Acid Wash[Dr391]nbsp;391 (September 2010)">Dr391] (Acid wash)
- Buffeting Winds[Dr383:61]nbsp;383 (January 2010)">Dr383:61] (Windwalker)
- Collapse into Nothing[Dr391]nbsp;391 (September 2010)">Dr391] (Earthshock)
- Dwindling Strength (firedeath)
- Earth Cage[Dr383:61]nbsp;383 (January 2010)">Dr383:61] (Earthshock)
- Earthshock Master (Earthsoul)
- Elemental Barbarian[PrP:136] (Firesoul or promise of storm (power specific)
- Empty Mind[Dr380:20]nbsp;380 (October 2009)">Dr380:20] (Voidsoul)
- Explosive Leader[MP2:133] (Warlord; earthshock or firepulse)
- Eyes of Dying Light[Dr380:21]nbsp;380 (October 2009)">Dr380:21] (Cindersoul)
- Firepulse Master (with firesoul manifestation)
- Firepulse Transformation (Firepulse)
- Flow Like Sane (Sandsoul)
- Forceful Shock[Dr391]nbsp;391 (September 2010)">Dr391] (Earthshock)
- Foul Torrent[Dr380:21]nbsp;380 (October 2009)">Dr380:21] (11th level, causticsoul, and acid surge power)
- Freeing Current (swiftcurrent)
- Go with the Flow[Dr383:62]nbsp;383 (January 2010)">Dr383:62] (Warden; swiftcurrent)
- Hidden Pulse[MP2:136] (firesoul, Rogue)
- Hunter of Wind and Wave (Ranger)
- Keeper of Storm (Fighter, stormsoul)
- Lingering Ashes (embersoul)
- Magma Eruptions[Dr396]nbsp;396 (February 2011)">Dr396] (magmasoul)
- Master of Rumbling Earth (Fighter; earthshock)
- Rumbling Earthshock (earthsoul, martial class)
- Sense of the Corrupted[Dr380:21]nbsp;380 (October 2009)">Dr380:21] (with any corrupt manifestation)
- Shocking Flame[FRPG:139]s Guide (September 2008)" data-rte-attribs=" title=Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (September 2008)">FRPG:139] (firesoul or stormsoul)
- Sickening Plague (plagebearer)
- Speed of Sea and Sky[MP2:139] (Warlord; Swiftcurrent or windwalker)
- Stare at the Sun (sunsoul)
- Stoneguard (11th level; earthsoul)
- Storm Manifested (warden; promise of storm)
- Stormrider (11th level; windsoul or watersoul)
- Storm Step (promise of storm)
- Swift Winds (windwalker)
- Untamed Fire (warden; firepulse)
- Wielder of Piercing Flame (rogue, firepulse)
Genasi paragon pathsEdit
The following paragon paths have the genasi race as a prerequisite. Other prerequisites are noted.
- Desert's Voice (normally Dark Sun related)
- Enemy of the Abyss (requires a corrupt manifestation)
- Scion of Absence (voidsoul)
- Soul of Erosion (causticsoul + watersoul)
- Dragon 367, "Ecology of the Genasi", page 11.
- Dragon 380, "Abyssal Genasi", page 18
- Dragon 396, "Winning Races: Genasi of Athas" ,