|Abilities|| +2 Int, and either|
+2 Dex or +2 Cha
|Skills|| +2 Arcana|
|Traits|| Eladrin Education|
Eladrin Weapon Proficiency
|Avg. height|| 5'5"–6'1"|
|Avg. weight|| 130–180 lbs.|
|Subraces|| Llewyrr Elf|
Eladrin are of human height. They are slim, and even the strongest look simply athletic rather than muscular. They have the same range of complexions as humans, though they are more often fair than dark. Their straight fine hair is often white, silver, or pale gold and they wear it long and loose. Their ears are long and pointed and their eyes are pearly and opalescent orbs of vibrant blue, violet, or green, lacking pupils. Eladrin can't grow facial hair and have little body hair.
Eladrin children grow much as human children do, but their aging process slows to a crawl when they reach maturity. They enjoy youth and health for most of their lives and don't begin to feel the effects of age until the middle of their third century. Most live for over 300 years, and even then they suffer few of the infirmities of old age.
Eladrin benefit from the following racial traits.
- Eladrin Education
- You gain training in one additional skill (any skill, not just Class Skills).
- Eladrin Weapon Proficiency
- You gain proficiency with the longsword.
- Eladrin Will
- You gain a +1 racial bonus to your Will defense. In addition, you gain a +5 racial bonus to saving throws against charm effects.
- Fey Origin
- Your ancestors were native to the Feywild, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
- Rather than sleep, eladrin enter a meditative state known as trance. You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
- Fey Step
- You can use fey step as an encounter power.
The following feats have the eladrin race as a prerequisite. Other prerequisites are noted.
- Eladrin Soldier [PH:194]
- Feywild Protection [PH:203]
- Eladrin Sword Wizardry [AP:125]
- Longsword Finesse [MP:137] (Rogue, obsolete by Versatile Duelist)
Eladrin racial utility powersEdit
These powers can be obtained in place of a utiltiy power granted by a class.
- Sense magic (2) [Dr405]
- Eladrin escape (6) [Dr405]
- Recursive thought (10) [Dr405]
- Spiral dance assault (16) [Dr405]
Eladrin paragon pathsEdit
The following paragon paths have the eladrin race as a prerequisite. Other prerequisites are noted.
The eladrin ability bonus was originally +2 Dexterity and +2 Intelligence.[PH:38] The Essentials update and subsequent books changed the bonus to +2 Intelligence, and either +2 Dexterity or +2 Charisma.[U:E]